[openskills-dev] SVG in Smalltalk

Bruce Badger bruce_badger at badgerse.com
Mon Oct 7 13:46:46 BST 2002

Does anyone know of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) reader written in
Smalltalk?  I am working with some people who may need such a beast in
the nearish future.

If there is not one around at the moment, this may be a very cool thing
to adopt as your own open source project.

The system I am working on will be handling graphics from AutoCAD.
 There are a number of AutoCAD to SVG conversion options out there, and
SVG is a more stable beast than DXF (the AutoCAD export format).

I would be interested in being able to use a Smalltalk library that
represented the contents of an SVG file as objects whose class names
correspond with the names of things in the SVG spec.  A second stage
would be to render the images, using Hot Draw, for example.

SVG details here: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/   &
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG

Please note that the project I mentioned is not definite yet.  Either
way, though, I'd love to see SVG support in Smalltalk :-)

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/76uqlB/TM