[openskills-dev] Special General Meeting #1

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Mon Oct 25 03:05:17 BST 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 06:03:06PM +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:

> The reasons the committee is calling this SGM and recommending these
> changes are:
>
> o Make OpenSkills more scalable. NSW associations have size limits.

I'm not aware of these limits, do you have a pointer?

I've run largish organisations (ProgSoc / Linux Australia) both of them
are over 500 members. Is OpenSkills at that level?

> o Is a better fit with the objectives of OpenSkills. NSW Associations
> may be dissolved if found to be engaged in securing financial gain for
> its members. OpenSkills exists to promote members skills so they can
> gain financially through them.

Company may also be dissolved if they are found to be acting against
their consitution.

> o Give OpenSkills more financial flexibility. For example, the proposed
> committee pool would not be workable for a NSW association.

The only requirement that the NSW association act places upon an
organisation is that the _Public Officier_ by a resident of the state.

The Public Officier is not required to be a committee member.

Cheers,
Anand

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux