[openskills-dev] Another constitution question

Patrick Lesslie patricklesslie at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 25 08:31:01 BST 2004

I noticed in the constitution that it defines a "Special Resolution" as

  A resolution passed by at least three-quarters of those
  Members entitled to vote on that resolution.

I was wondering does that mean that under the proposed constitution,
of all Members, (all of whom are presumably entitled to vote - is that
right?) it would require three-quarters of them to cast a vote?  What
if there were millions of Members?  It doesn't seem feasible.

And does it also mean that it means that if there were a enough votes
from Members, then a majority of those votes would be required to pass
the resolution?  I guess that makes sense.

Patrick Lesslie