[openskills-dev] Another constitution question

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Tue Oct 26 10:20:06 BST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:27, Bruce Badger wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 21:12, Daniel Noll wrote:
> > The Jabber Software Foundation have proxy voting available ...
> >
> > Since we already have OpenPGP in place, I would say we're in far better
> > stead (at least, the user would have to steal your passphrase, _and_ your
> > key.)  We could even implement it using an IM bot as wel... but ours
> > could require the messages to be signed, assuming a client goes that far.
> >  Email would be much easier, of course.
>
> So, are you volunteering to build the OpenSkills voting system? :-)
>
> I think we'll next need one for the 2005 committee elections, so you
> have plenty of time - 8 or 9 months.
>
> Drop me a line if you would be interested.  Really :-)

If it's going to be Jabber-based, I might be tempted.  But really, it depends
where clients will stand with regards to signed messages, at the point when
we need the system up. :-)

The email version... might just be procmail and a Perl script... pipe through
gpg to verify the signature, then grep for the magic formatting.  It would
only work if the email were really, really well formed though.  You know the
sort, where it has

----> Write your respose between these lines <----
----> Write your respose between these lines <----

:-)

It depends what look you want.

The Jabber implementation has certain advantages, in that you can ask the
questions in separate messages without breaking the user's concentration.
But it really does depend on that End-to-End Encryption spec getting some
implementations. :-/

TX