[openskills-dev] Change of Status

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Fri Jun 3 01:39:42 BST 2005

The move from OpenSkills and a New South Wales corporation to a
federally registered company limited by guarantee is progressing.

We now have the approval of the NSW minister to make the change.

The next step is to apply to ASIC (The Australian Securities &
Investments Commission (http://www.asic.gov.au)) to create the new
entity.

A required part of the application is a list of members including a
postal address for each member.  I just thought I should let you know
that.

Once the new entity is set up, OpenSkills will move it's assets (ha!)
over, and we'll be on our way again.

All of this should make no difference at all to the day to day running
of the association from the POV of members and applicants.  The change
will let OpenSkills continue to grow and work to help you make the most
of your skills.

http://www.openskills.org/