[openskills-dev] engagement ordering...

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Wed Jun 15 06:11:56 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 14:53 +1000, Taryn East wrote:
> why do the engagements appear in the order that I entered them? Must I
> enter them in time-order for them to appear chronologically in my
> "resume" page (ie when you click on the membership-number link)?

The ordering of the information is something that will be improved.  For
a start, there will be a reasonable default ordering, and then in
browsers that support it, there will be script driven sorting of
information on the page.

... but it's not there yet.

> I'm currently planning on exporting it to HRXML - fiddling with it so it
> goes into the correct order, then putting it back in... but I am
> thinking this seems a little silly.

... and I'm not sure it would work.  The SkillsBase may preserve the old
order even when you re-import.  Justina would know the story there.

Thanks to Gus, we will shortly be getting a request tracking system (I
sneaked a look, and the login page is there already :-) ).  This will
mean that requests, like yours Taryn, will be properly noted and
prioritised - so we can all know what the outstanding issues are and
when the will be addressed.

http://www.openskills.org/