[openskills-dev] engagement ordering...

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Wed Jun 15 07:37:42 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 16:07 +1000, Daniel Noll wrote:

> The reasonable default ordering wouldn't be too hard to hack in, would
> it?  Just
> sort the records from the database, by engagement date.  Most recent first, of
> course. :-)

:-)  It would be easy, but we have a number of exciting transformations
happening with the system at the moment, so this will have to wait until
we have the next stable version out.  I'm working on that, but I have to
get some tracing implemented to track down an issue we are having with
Squid.

> At some point I was forced to do this by my stylesheet, because
> engagements can
> occur for the same employer but there could be jobs in-between... even
> reordering the HR-XML doesn't help in this case.

We should be able to sort engagements by start-date irrespective of
employer ... just not today.

> We really need that "Nuke State" button.  Then you'd just export, nuke,
> import.

Yes, this is a good idea too.  Please do add it to the request tracking
system once it's up.

Thanks for the ideas - sorry for the time it's taking to impelement
them :-(

http://www.openskills.org/