[openskills-dev] Regular reports - subject

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Mon Apr 3 09:34:23 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 18:09 +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Since the lapsing of a subscription / membership why not send out an
> exceptional email (or set of them)?

Yes, the ACM model sounds good.

What I'm doing now is something I can do fairly quickly and will give us
most of what is needed, I think, without adding to the email burden
OpenSkills places on people.

I'm looking at the code now, and I can do something along the lines of
the ACM approach with the subject of the regular email messages.

So, when the renewal time comes near, the subject of the message will go
from (e.g.):

OpenSkills member report

to:

OpenSkills member (expiring in nn days) report

This way people will get the message in the subject line, it will never
be encrypted (some people have made the point that they don't always
have their keys to hand), and it will give plenty of notice.

http://www.openskills.org/