[openskills-dev] Screen Cast Mk1

Stephan Vissers vissers_itm at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 13 01:55:31 BST 2006

I agree with Anand. The file is now too big (20mb) and takes too much  download time. Furthermore, your screencast looks and sounds really  good! Well done.
  I am waiting for the screencast for installing IM (jammer e.g. exodus), see my next mail, and PGP keys.
  I hope that others also see the benefits and are going to use  screencast for them self, in their own projects (or ask Bruce to make  one for you, he seems to be pretty skilled!).

  Cheers, Stephan

Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au> wrote:  On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:19:37PM +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 15:33 +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the first prototype of the first screen cast is available for
> > viewing and comment.  I've made it available in MP4 and WMV formats
> > here:
> >
> >  http://www.openskills.org/casts/
>
> So, has anyone managed to download and view the screen-cast?  Any
> comments?
>
> e.g. is this looking like a useful thing to do or a waste of time
> gimmick?

Having seen a demo of them at the social meeting:

 - perhaps make them shorter (focus on a small part of the signup
   process, i.e. "first register by doing this". Then check your
   email and continue with step 2)

 - the target audience, to me, is people who want assistance
          signing-up, but don't have the time to read about the process
   so I think it would be better to make these available in
   something they are likely to have installed in their browser
   (i.e. flash or shockwave).

Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are