[openskills-dev] Screen Cast Mk1

lists at bespoke.homelinux.net lists at bespoke.homelinux.net
Sun Apr 23 07:25:51 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 04:55:17PM +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:

> Ironic.  I've avoided the MacroMedia formats because they are not open
> standards ... not that anything else in the mainstream video world seems
> to be.

I think you will also find there are no open source tools to
generate suitable MacroMedia output formats. That starts an annoying
chain of dependency.

> The files are going to be quite large no matter what the format is, so I
> was imagining that people would save a file and view it in a separate
> program rather than streaming the content and viewing in a browser - so
> I was not worrying about browser plug-ins so much.

I agree.

Even a Web based slideshow with [NEXT] and [PREV] buttons would be OK.
Is movement going to add to the clarity or quality of the presentation?

	- Tel