[openskills-dev] Governance again

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Sun Aug 13 23:41:41 BST 2006

I have received some suggestions about what we can do regarding the
governance of OpenSkills.  This gives us the following:

o Keep going as-is (not acceptable to me)

o Get the board to agree to only get involved with "strategic" matters
and leave delegate "tactical" matters.  Let's say that this option
revolves around working the existing setup work better.

o Wind up OpenSkills Limited (the current corporation) and form a
private company instead.

o Wind up OpenSkills completely (not acceptable to me)

In every case (except the last one) OpenSkills would retain the same
overall goals and would continue to operate in the same way from the
point of view of guests and subscribers.  Members would have their
powers within the organisation changed in some cases.

If you have any comments on the above, or would like to add an option,
please post to this list.

Thanks,
http://www.openskills.org/