[openskills-dev] OpenSkills Limited is now deregistered

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Wed Aug 1 11:00:18 BST 2007

Hi all,

Just to let you know that OpenSkills Limited (the Australin registered
company limited by guarantee) is now formally deregistered.  You can see
the notice here:

http://wiki.openskills.org/OpenSkills/DOWNLOAD/Openskills+Limited
+-+Deregistration+Notice.pdf

This is not quite the end of the story for OpenSkills Limited.  The
board still have to submit the final accounts and statements to ASIC and
the ATO.  This is in progress at the moment.

With the de-registration of OpenSkills Limited we are back to having
just one legal entity to worry about which is now OpenSkills Ltd. (a
private limited company registered in the UK).

I'll just note again that the above changes in plumbing will have
absolutly no effect on the running or non-profit nature of OpenSkills.
The changes will have a very positive effect on the admin costs (mainly
time) of the association, and we are starting to see some of the effects
of that in the updates to the MMS and the pending Location Tree work on
the SkillsBase.

There you go.

Make the most of your skills
http://www.openskills.org