[openskills-dev] Re: OpenSkills-dev post re locations

Bruce Badger bbadger at openskills.com
Sun Jun 3 19:08:19 BST 2007

Following some more discussions on the locations I think we are leaning
toward the tree being as already discussed in this thread, but the way
people connect to locations being slightly different.

In particular, the idea of a "home" location is replaced by the
locations of your current engagements.

So, it looks like this:

Where have you worked in the past?  The locations associated with
engagements that have ended.

Where are you working now?  The locations associated with the
engagements that have *not* ended.

Where would you like to work?  An explicitly maintained list of
locations. (if this list is empty the presumption will be that you don't
want to move, i.e. you want to keep working at your current location(s))

Where are you entitled to work (visas, residency, citizenship etc)? An
explicitly maintained list of locations.  If this list is empty you are
just causing searchers extra work so they either have to explicitly ask
or they just ignore your resume - don't leave it empty.

Sound OK?

Thanks,
http://www.openskills.org/