[smalltalk-central] Smalltalk in Industry video

David Buck david at simberon.com
Thu Sep 14 20:27:09 BST 2006

I've had a really good response to requests for screen shots and I'm
putting together the video.  I've had to change tools from Wink to
Camtasia because of the poor audio quality of Wink.  It really makes me
sound like I have a lisp (and I'm sure we don't want people thinking
that Smalltalk is associated to a LISP ;-).

Camtasia's audio is more configurable (Wink's isn't) and sounds MUCH
better.  It also allows the audio to be played back while a realtime
screen playback is displayed.  With Wink, I could only show one screen
snapshot for the duration of the audio clip.

I'm currently using a 30 day trial of Camtasia Studio, but when it comes
close to expiring, I'll purchase it on behalf of Simberon.  Trying to
arrange for STIC to pay for it just adds too much confusion about who
owns the licenses, who can use it, how many licenses we have, etc.

I hope to have a draft of the video soon so people can review it prior
to the official release.  Sorry for the delays, but I think that
switching to Camtasia will give us a much better result.

David