[smalltalk-central] Task list

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:21:02 BST 2006

On 26/09/06, Mark D. Roberts <mroberts at cincom.com> wrote:
> I would assume that many people have access to Photoshop ...

Why would you assume that?

If we need to produce bitmap things, the Gimp is probably good enough:

    http://www.gimp.org/

... but I would have thought that vector graphics would be more the
things for slide-like images, in which case InkScape is quite nice:

    http://www.inkscape.org/

The screencast side of things is a tough one.  I've been looking for
ages for something that runs nicely on Linux and captures what I'm
doing on screen while I talk about it.  The best video I've got is
using the VMWare movie recorder, but the problem there is that the
video is encoded using VMWare's own codec! (well, it's a well known
codec tweaked a bit).  I can convert this and then add voice, but the
results after the conversion and dubbing are, well, crap.

Istanbul has promise, but I've not got it to work yet:

    http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul

Perhaps when the next version of Ubuntu comes out It'll all work
smoothly.  Hope springs eternal.

http://www.openskills.org/