[smalltalk-central] New version of Smalltalk In Industry video

Mark D. Roberts mroberts at cincom.com
Fri Sep 29 01:37:07 BST 2006

At 11:55 PM 9/28/2006, David Buck wrote:
>Ok, how about this style:
>
>    http://simberon.com/SmalltalkInIndustry3.jpg

I like that better, too.

One other point: what would you think of cropping each screen shot to
eliminate the host OS window frame?

I suggest this for several reasons: it ties Smalltalk less to one platform
(Windows), it will make the image last longer because it won't look
outdated when the next version of Windows comes out with new L+F (and
naturally we're all holding our breath for that ;-), and finally, it
eliminates that horrid "candy" Windows XP look.

Aside: Vassili Bykov, who does the VisualWorks Tools, told me that when he
first started up Win XP and saw its shite UI design, he decided then and
there to switch to Mac OS.