[smalltalk-central] Getting indexed in Google

Mark D. Roberts mroberts at cincom.com
Sat Sep 30 01:16:23 BST 2006

At 03:19 AM 9/30/2006, Alan Knight wrote:
>I think this would be the google co-op thing described in the linked article.
>http://www.stonetemple.com/articles/google-coop-annotations.shtml

Interesting. This explains how to place content even *above* the first
search result from Google. Unfortunately, it looks like people must
subscribe to see it.

But starting from this article, I snooped around and found the answer to my
question. The subheadings are neither "topics" nor "annotated URLs" but
rather something that Goog calls "sitelinks":

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=47334&topic=8523

There is apparently no way to edit or suggest these links via co-op,
sitemap, or other Goog services. As the tag line goes: "Heyyy, it's all
algorithmic, baby."