[smalltalk-central] Editorial Tasks

Eric Winger eric at thewingers.net
Sat Sep 30 16:47:16 BST 2006

Ok, I made my first attempt at editing. I added GemStone/S, Ambrai,
FScript, Smalltalk MT and VA Smalltalk links and overviews to the
Dialects page. Please feel free to change any or all of the text.
Should these be alphabetized?

Some comments about editing:

1. There is no way (that I could find) to recover history. I made my
edits, but I was afraid that if I accidentally deleted something, it
would be gone forever. Seems like we need a history of changes easily
available.

2. Pressing Edit more than once does nothing. The page looks I can edit
multiple times, but does not allow it.

3. It would be nice to have a way to enter non-html code. It was easy
enough to copy paste the existing entries, but editing something large
would be non-trivial.

My 2 cents

Eric

On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Mark D. Roberts wrote:

>  Here's a brief run-down on some common editorial tasks:
>
> How do I edit an existing document?
>
>   * Log In
>         Note: you must belong to the "Editors" group to edit public
> documents.
>
>    * View the document you wish to edit
>
>    * Click on Edit, below the body of the document content
>         This will allow you to edit all fields, except the title.
>         The content is the body of the document. This should be
> formatted HTML, with each paragraph inside <p></p>.
>         The summary and content are required. All other fields are
> optional.
>
>    * Click Submit
>         The document is immediately updated.

I think you meant Edit?